The Kowalski Story
We put the Kowality in Kowalski
Emigrating from Poland to America was the way to a dream life. Agnes and Zygmund Kowalski both believed this and began their careers as owners of a small grocery store on Chene Street in Detroit, Michigan. Wanting to bring their favorite foods from the old country to the USA they added a smokehouse to the store and production of Polish Kielbasa and other sausages began. Demand grew and a factory was built in 1920 on Holbrook Avenue in Hamtramck, Michigan.
Kowality sets Kowalski product apart from the competition, as well as the continued use of hardwood chips to smoke our famous old-world recipes. In the 95 years Kowalski has been in business we have not changed our secret family recipes.